It’s no secret that baking soda is super versatile. You may use it around your house for cooking or cleaning, or even for treating certain medical issues. But have you ever though about putting it in your hair?
Yep, that’s right. Baking soda has some amazing benefits for your hair! You can use it in place of your regular shampoo to give your locks a boost. It’s a safe and affordable product that naturally cleanses and leaves your hair feeling healthy. If you’re skeptical, check out some of the benefits of using baking soda on your hair!
To learn more on this, read the best baking soda uses when hair is concerned:
- Baking Soda Removes Product Residue
Anything remains from a shampoo to other treatment products can be easily be disposed of by simply using baking soda. The hair and scalp hygiene is actually very relevant, so whenever you need this done, trust baking soda to help you with it.
- Baking Soda Removes Chlorine
For all swimmers out there, as well those who work in a chlorine-based environment know that baking soda can easily remove any chlorine leftovers and keep your hair clean and undamaged. Chlorine is a very big enemy to the hair, and it can even alternate its color. So whenever you are too exposed to it- you know that baking soda will get the job done.
- Baking Soda Promotes Hair Growth
If you are struggling with weak and slowly growing hair, all you need is a little baking soda to fix this problem. Baking soda acts as a natural stimulator to the hair roots and it allows them to ‘move around’ more quickly. The end result? A long, strong and perfectly healthy hair!
Here’s how to use baking soda shampoo to clean your scalp and hair:
- Mix baking soda and water at a 1 to 3 ratio in a small squeeze bottle. The more hair you have, the more you’ll need. For shoulder-length hair, use 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 6 tablespoons of water.
- You can use baking soda on dry hair, or you can use it when your hair is wet. Work the mixture in starting at your roots, and move it through to the end of your hair.
- Let the mix sit for a few minutes, then wash it off using warm water.
- Rinse your hair with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water. The ratio should be 1 to 4. Add a few drops of essential oil if you’d like.
- To apply the apple cider vinegar mix, tilt your head backward to avoid getting apple cider vinegar in your eyes.
If you liked this article, share it with your friends and family.